Monday, March 12, 2012

Stephen King's new book: 11/22/63 and much more

I have already read a lot of great books this year. I really enjoyed Stephen King's "11/22/63", which was about a man who travels back in time to try and stop the Kennedy assassination. I haven't read anything King since high school but was pulled into this behemoth of a book(800+ pages). I highly recommend it!

I also read "Caleb's Crossing" , which was just as good as Brook's other books. It is about a small Island and a young woman's coming of age during the time of colonialism. Caleb is her native american friend who was the first to attend Harvard. Excellent read!

Lastly, another good book that I read was "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress." This memoir is smartly written, witty and a really good quick read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice idea..thanks for sharing....

Christielli said...

I LOVED King's new book. I read it in four days when I was on Christmas vacation. Since it's such a tome, that's pretty much all that I did those four days.

dw said...

I really want to read King's book. I also want to read The Prague Cemetary by Eco. I'm currently reading The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl.